Full-Time Service Delivery Advisor – HIV Prevention by Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK)
SCAM ALERT: How To Identify Fraudalent Jobs in Kenya
Kenya JOBS: See How to Get a Job in COVID-19 Era
CHAK’s constitution provides for membership to Protestant churches’ health facilities and community-based health programmes provided their services are not for profit. Mission To facilitate member health units in their provision of quality healthcare services through advocacy, health systems strengthening, networking and innovative health programme
CHAK is seeking competent, experienced and highly skilled professionals as Technical Advisors to lead in the anticipated USAID funded 5-year HIV Prevention, care and treatment project in Mt. Kenya, Kajiado and Nairobi region counties. The successful candidates are expected to drive the project to achieve its objectives and to act as change agents supporting a culture of performance and accountability within the project counties. These are competitive positions with high degree of personal responsibility and CHAK will offer individuals competitive rewards commensurate with their level of skills, responsibility and the market tread.
CHAK is seeking an SDA HIV prevention to provide technical expertise and ensure soundness of prevention activities.
Reporting to the Deputy Chief of Party, this position will:
- Provide technical oversight, strategic direction and definition of project activities within their areas of HIV prevention and linkage;
- Establish and implement a system to ensure technical quality of project activities;
- Develop and/or update evidence-based training materials, standards, job aids, curricula, and/or supervisory systems needed for implementation of the project to meet the needs of the counties and the donor;
- Promote relevant adult and youth friendly prevention and clinical services and demand creation to increase awareness, acceptability, and uptake of these services;
- Work in close coordination with county health management teams to ensure provision of standardized, evidence-based interventions that are designed to promote the adoption of HIV prevention, behaviors and service in the communities and health facilities and for priority populations, while strategically strengthening county health systems for greater responsibility along the J2SR;
- Provide mentoring and capacity building at the health providers levels at community and health facilities;
- Coordinate advocacy, demand generation, and policy support, across project sites and communities for AGYW, Men, CSW, MSM and other special populations and lead the formulation of innovative approaches for scale up of targeted HIV prevention and linkage services;
- Actively participate in relevant technical advisory/working groups and professional forums representing CHAK and the project;
- Work with MEL staff to design and implement a plan to track data/results to inform adjustments in project implementation;
- Collaborate with all local stakeholders and implementing partners to ensure activities conform to requirements and regulations;
- Document successes, lessons learned and challenges in implementation and contribute to reports of project activities and results to the donor, including routine quarterly and annual reports, and other reporting requirements as requested;
- Document and maintain an inventory of successful tools and approaches within their technical areas of expertise;
- Supervise technical staff;
- Maintain excellent relationships with the donor and in-country stakeholders and develop rapid responses to requests;
- Provide technical leadership to the development of the project strategic plan, work plan, and project monitoring, in close collaboration with the donor, Government of Kenya and other stakeholders to ensure timely implementation and compliance to the requirements and regulations of the award.
Join our Telegram Group to get notified when Latest Jobs Vacancies in Kenya are Posted. Click Here to Join Our Jobs in Kenya Group
- A medical degree (MBchB, Clinical Medicine or Nursing) and/or advanced degree in public health, health administration, international health or a related field;
- 5+ years of experience implementing and/or providing technical assistance in HIV prevention including PrEP;
- Demonstrated capabilities in capacity building at the of community and facility level county health systems and experience working effectively with the devolved county health programs in Kenya;
- Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships with donors, host-country counterparts and representatives from other key stakeholders such as NGOs, CSOs, and the private sector;
- Excellent verbal, written interpersonal and presentation skills in English;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Proven leadership in the design, management, implementation and monitoring & evaluation of large and complex international donor-funded programs. Leadership roles in implementing USAID-funded projects strongly preferred;
- Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures preferred.
Please Follow the Instruction Below To Apply
Qualified candidates should send their CV and application letter briefly describing his or her motivation for the position and highlight relevant experience to
. Only qualified candidates should apply. Applicants must quote the Position on application Subject.
Closing Date : 31st December, 2020
20 total views, 1 today