Full-Time Research Officer II – Laboratory Coordinator by International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)
SCAM ALERT: How To Identify Fraudalent Jobs in Kenya
ONLINE JOBS: See How to Make Money Online Legitimately
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works to improve food security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for better and more sustainable use of livestock. ILRI is a CGIAR research centre – part of a global research partnership for a food-secure future.Background
The ILRI Bioscience facility is a shared research and capacity building biosciences facility located in Nairobi, Kenya. The facility consists of a state-of-the-art suite of biosciences platforms established to support the work of agricultural scientists through research, capacity-building and by providing research related services. The facility host various technology platforms (diagnostics, genomics, bioinformatics, mycotoxin and nutrition analysis, Vaccine platform, tissue culture and plant transformation) and specialized facilities like the, biorepository, BSL3 lab and plant growth facility among others. The facility provides a unique opportunity for scientists to network with ILRI scientists, CG centers, private sector and scientists from advanced research institutions.
Join our Telegram Group to get notified when Latest Jobs Vacancies in Kenya are Posted. Click Here to Join Our Jobs in Kenya Group
- Coordinate the operational activities in the laboratory facilities to ensure smooth organization and functionality of the laboratories
- Provide support in the identification and introduction of new technologies
- Provide guidance on new equipment purchases and replacement policies
- Maintain laboratory equipment catalogues and maintenance schedules for various service providers
- Generate and maintain general lab management data and information through the LIMS (lab management information system)
- Contribute to budget preparation and management through coordination and the rationalization of capital equipment (CAPEX) budget allocations and expenditures
- Provide technical support and training to scientists on laboratory management issues
- Ensure compliance with all applicable safety regulations in conjunction with ILRI EOHS
- Ensure compliance with Good clinical laboratory practices and accreditation requirements
- Perform any other related duties as may be required
- Master’s degree in laboratory sciences, molecular biology, biotechnology or relevant field with five years relevant experience.
- Strong laboratory management skills;
- Experience working in an accredited facility is an added advantage
- Broad/specialized knowledge of methods, techniques and processes
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Experience in the use and care of wide range of biosciences equipment;
- Experience training in the use of laboratory equipment;
- Knowledge of a wide range of bioscience technologies including new applications of modern biology and equipment requirements;
- Knowledge of laboratory safety, including knowledge of biosafety regulations;
- Familiarity with budget preparations and management;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to maintain excellent working relations with project leaders, scientists and technical staff;
- Strong work ethics, good organization skills, and ability to work independently.
Terms of Appointment
This position is at job level HG 14 and it is only open to Kenyan nationals. The position is a 3-year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances
Please Follow the Instruction Below To Apply
Closing Date : 4th January, 2021
30 total views, 1 today