Full-Time Office Assistant (Nairobi) by Food for the Hungry
SCAM ALERT: How To Identify Fraudalent Jobs in Kenya
Kenya JOBS: See How to Get a Job in COVID-19 Era
Food for the Hungry is an international relief and development organization that answers God’s call to meet the physical and spiritual needs of the poor in more than 26 countries. Founded in 1971 by Dr. Larry Ward, Food for the Hungry exists to help individuals reach their God-given potential. In developing countries on nearly every continent, Food for the Hungry works with churches, leaders and families to provide the resources they need to help their communities become self-sustaining. When disasters strike, Food for the Hungry is often one of the first organizations on the ground to provide and facilitate emergency relief assistance to those in urgent need of food, shelter, and medical care. In 1976, Food for the Hungry (FH) provided emergency relief supplies to Kenya in the Marsabit district. In 2011, Kenya and four other countries experienced the worst drought in 60 years.
Reports to: HR and Admin Manager
Position In The Organisation
The Office Assistant reports hierarchically to the HR & Admin Manager.
Join our Telegram Group to get notified when Latest Jobs Vacancies in Kenya are Posted. Click Here to Join Our Jobs in Kenya Group
Essential Tasks And Responsibilities
Key result # 1 – Cleaning offices, preparation and serving of refreshments
- Clean all the Nairobi offices including the Region offices every morning. Ensure the office is neat and well organized.
- Dust and polish surfaces in the entire office and empty dustbins on a daily basis
- Prepare office tea and clean the utensils.
- Ensure there is adequate drinking water with clean glasses at all time
- Cleaning the office toilet and ensure there is adequate toiletries.
Key result # 2. Supplies request and management /office support.
- Procure kitchen beverages and office newspapers as directed.
- Ensure there is enough cleaning detergents in stock by requisitioning as necessary
- Maintain a well updated re order level of all supplies – both for kitchen items and toiletries.
- Assist in photocopying and scanning documents as directed.
Key result #3 – Distribution of messages/payment of bills
- Collect and deliver official documents and mails
- Run errands for the respective office and pay bills as directed
- Ensure timely submission of statutory cheques and other payment requested.
Key result #4 – Handling reliever duties at the reception
- In the absence of the Admin Assistant sit at the reception area.
- Greet visitors and direct them to the appropriate persons,
- Make calls and receive incoming calls.
- Ensure the reception area is neat and tidy.
- Vibrant personal relationship with Christ
- Good interpersonal skills
- People skills: warmth with people, conversational, able to relate to and be in continual interaction and communication with people.
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills
- Basic hands on experience on computers usage
Education And Experience
Form four certificate and some relevant professional training plus at least 2 years’ relevant working experience within a similar or comparable environment
Proficiency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
As appropriate, shall be responsible for creating, promoting and maintaining an environment that prevents sexual exploitation and abuse and takes appropriate measures for this purpose.
Anti Terrorism Screening
FH conducts Anti- terrorism screening as part of recruitment process.
Please Follow the Instruction Below To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications (clearly indicating their current or expected salary), updated CV with three referees, day telephone contacts to: Human Resource Manager Email address:
NB: While we value every person applying for this job, please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Nb: Food For The Hungry (Fh Kenya) Does Not Solicit Any Type Of Payment For Job Applications Or Hiring Processes.
Closing Date : 6th January, 2021
38 total views, 1 today