Full-Time Elementary Music Teacher by Rosslyn Academy
Rosslyn Academy is an established and vibrant Christian international school that serves over 650 students from the missionary, diplomatic and business communities. The school’s vibrant present, however, is rooted in its rich past. As Rosslyn continues to invest in the future, we hold strong to our Christian heritage as we look to inspire and equip each student to develop their God-given gifts for service in the world community.
To provide the instruction necessary to facilitate positive growth in all students and to ensure the development of their God-given gifts for Christ-like service in the world community.
- Demonstrate commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Exhibit a continuing sense of God’s calling to service at Rosslyn Academy.
- Demonstrate a respect for diversity of culture.
- Demonstrate an appreciation for the diversity of the body of Christ.
- Possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited post-secondary university.
- Hold a valid teaching certificate from an authorized governmental agency.
- North American teaching experience will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate the ability to use technology for word processing, data management and communications.
- Demonstrate a life congruent with the Basic Tenets of Rosslyn Academy
Join our Telegram Group to get notified when Latest Jobs Vacancies in Kenya are Posted. Click Here to Join Our Jobs in Kenya Group
Key skills and competencies
- Maintain confidentiality at all times and demonstrate high professional standards within the school and community.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to deal with clients effectively on phone mail or in person.
- Have excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Proficiency in Ms Office applications.
- High level of integrity.
- Ability to cope with change and be willing to learn new relevant skills.
Modeling & Leadership
- Model a personal commitment to Christ and Christian living.
- Strive to inspire others to Christian commitment and living.
- Maintain a positive Christian spiritual environment.
- Consistently model professionalism.
- Follow the Matthew 18 principle in resolving conflict when dealing with students, parents, staff and administration.
- Exhibit characteristics of being a lifelong learner.
- Maintain a positive classroom environment focused on growth and excellence.
- Provide leadership that ensures all activities of the classroom are congruent with the school vision and mission.
Curriculum and Instruction
- Ensure instruction and assessments are in alignment with the curriculum and the mission of the school.
- Use a variety of instructional and assessment strategies within the classroom that fully support the curriculum and mission of the school.
- Regularly review curriculum guides and plan lessons that lead to fulfillment of course priorities and goals.
- Relate subject matter to Christian life and Biblical teaching.
- Create a classroom environment that is pleasant, culturally sensitive and nurturing.
- Incorporate appropriate technology to support the fulfillment of lesson objectives.
- Implement an effective classroom management/discipline program that promotes effective student learning.
- Supervise any teacher assistants or volunteers as assigned.
- Provide supervision of students at school activities.
- Maintain accurate and timely entry of records regarding attendance, discipline, grades and textbooks.
- Communicate student progress as scheduled and/or needed.
- Arrange for field trips that extend or apply classroom learning.
- Review/practice emergency procedures.
- Maintain and request textbooks, materials and supplies each school year.
- Alert responsible personnel of classroom repair needs.
- Bring effective closure to each school year and complete the End-of-Year Checklist.
- Perform school-related duties as requested or assigned by administrators that enhance the “student life,” mission and vision of the school which may require work beyond the typical school day.
Communication & Collaboration
- Maintain an attitude of openness and desire for communication
- Ensure effective communication with parents and students
- Maintain professional relationships with colleagues, students, and parents and follow the Matthew 18 principle in resolving conflict with others
- Collaborate with other teachers in the on-going articulation and evaluation of curriculum, seeking curricular integration
- Attend and participate in school meetings
- Serve on committees to support the overall school programs
- Annually submit a written list of professional goals to the Principal and Director of Teaching and Learning.
- Participate in scheduled in-service, curriculum planning and professional development activities.
- Seek performance feedback from colleagues, parents and students as part of self-evaluation.
- Remain abreast of current developments in technology, learning, and instructional theory.
- Take ownership of professional goals and development.
Please Follow the Instruction Below To Apply
Submit the following documents as e-mail attachments and send to
- Pre-Employment Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Additional application material may be requested at a later time.
Closing Date : 27th November, 2020
31 total views, 1 today