Full-Time Backend Engineer by Kwara
Kwara is a B2B fintech startup in Nairobi and Berlin with a unique mission, exceptional team and a global market. Our mission is to digitize Savings and Credit Unions in emerging markets that serve the 3 billion un- and underbanked population. These financial institutions hold a staggering $2.6 trillion in assets worldwide, but have yet to benefit from digital innovation. Our intuitive, secure and SaaS-based digital banking platform offers them the chance to grow their profits, connect to the digital ecosystem and serve their members better. With a dozen happy clients in Kenya, an ambitious team and a burning desire to grow at least tenfold in 2020, we are well on our way to become a world-wide market leader in cooperative fintech.
Join our Telegram Group to get notified when Latest Jobs Vacancies in Kenya are Posted. Click Here to Join Our Jobs in Kenya Group
About the responsibilities
As a backend engineer, you will together with our team in Nairobi be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining the backend infrastructure that powers the Kwara apps
- Developing and maintaining the Kwara public API
- Proposing and implementing solutions that ensure the platform as a whole is secure, reliable and available
- Liaise with both Product Managers and Frontend Developers to ensure features are implemented following a shared vision.
About the requirements
Our team is looking for a high potential candidate with the following qualifications:
- You are interested in using Ruby. We appreciate if you have previous experience with it, but we’re happy to consider people who are motivated to learn it.
- You have experience with relational databases and know-how to effectively model entities and their relationships.
- You write tests and ensure critical features are always working as expected.
- You write it, you ship it. We’re looking for someone who takes ownership of the code from architecture to deployment. We have a dev-ops mindset and so do you. Any experience with AWS, Heroku, Docker and the like is welcome.
- You care about code. Coding for you is more than just delivering a feature, and you can strike a balance between speed and future maintainability.
- You care about the security implications of your choices. As a financial services platform, security is an ongoing effort and we always strive to make our platform safer every day.
- You have a scalability mindset. Be it scaling infrastructure or the team, you are willing to take on the challenges of a company that is growing very fast.
- You have a product mindset. We are building Kwara from the ground up, and you will take part in shaping the product on a day to day basis.
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge with others, whether it’s through mentorship, pair programming or whiteboard design sessions.
- You have very good English skills and your communication is clear and timely.
- You can talk about complex aspects of a system to non-technical people.
Please Follow the Instruction Below To Apply
Closing Date : 29th November, 2020
27 total views, 1 today